Thursday, May 10, 2012

If you're not pissed, you're not paying attention

There has been a lot of talk in the news and around the water cooler the last few days about gay marriage.

So if you are sick of it, today's blog post is not for you.

And also if you are sick of it, fuck you.

Like many others I was so ashamed that North Carolina voted to ban gay marriage.

Then a mere 18 hours later I was pretty proud that our president took a stand in support of gay marriage.

But mostly, mostly I was just pissed the fuck off.

How, in 2012, do corrupt corporations have more rights than some of my friends?  Why are we even debating this?  And most importantly, what gives me, or you, or all of us the right to VOTE ON SOMETHING THAT HURTS SOMEONE ELSE?



You cannot vote if I, as a Jew, have the right to marry my husband, a Christian.  Why should I have the right to vote if you, as a man, have the right to marry your partner, another man?  We should not be able to vote on civil liberties.  If I get them, we all get them.  Fair and fucking square.

Who does gay marriage hurt?  Until I get an answer to that question, and I do not think there is an answer, then I will forever be pissed that gay marriage is not legal.



I hate hearing the religious right talk about God and the bible.
FUCK YOU.
Not everyone believes in God (gasp, I know).  That is great if you do.  And if you believe that being gay is a sin (again, fuck you).  But then don't you go out and have yourself a gay marriage.  For those that don't follow your so-called good book, let them be.  The Bible and Christianity are not the reason we have laws in this nation.  They are not the say all end all. The bible does not govern us as a nation.



If we are talking about "protecting traditional marriage" (protecting it from what?!  Is gay marriage the new space invaders?) then let's get real and focus on domestic abuse and divorce, etc.  If gay's can't marry because they will hurt traditional marriage, then anyone who has ever been divorced, cheated, or abusive should never be able to get married again.

The point is, I do not believe that we should even be discussing this right now.  Of course our president should be supporting gay marriage.  It should be a non-issue.  Love is love.  Carry on.  And now let's focus on bigger things, that are real issues, like, I don't know, the economy, unemployment, immigration, wall street, the conflicts in the middle east.  Not on basic civil liberties that we all should have.

So in the end, I am over bigoted assholes who are attempting to hide their ignorance and intolerance and hate in their religion.  I am sick of voting on other people's civil rights.  I am disenchanted and defeated.  

Still pissed,
Bubbie

No comments:

Post a Comment