Friday, September 27, 2013

It's Been Awhile

The last time I blogged, the first sentence of the post contained the phrase "this summer."  And was in August.  

It is now autumn and nearly October.  

I have been a bit preoccupied!

Mountain man and I bid adieu to the beautiful country home we had been living in and bought our own house earlier this month.  It has been exciting and fun, but also stressful and overwhelming.  Lots of sweat, work, and tears have been put into this effort.



The new Goodwin Ranch is a cute new little ranch on her own private 3 acres.  There was not much to do (other than unpack and make her our own) but we did have some painting to be done and some trees to remove.  Which is what we have been steadily working on the last 4 weeks.


Other than that big excitement, we have been trying to fit in some fun at seasonal fairs, apple picking, running, and playing with my puppy nephew, Willy Nelson, as often as possible.  And adjusting to the wacky new iOS7 (anyone else think it is slow as sin?).


In between the move (and some fall fun), I have been busy at work with lots of meetings and galas and travel prep.  Rest was taken where I could get it.



Now I am gearing up for a month on the road, lots of traveling across the country.  First up in New Orleans next week.  I will report back after I have gained 12 lbs and lost all self respect.

Sorry for the lack of fun and exciting blog posts, I hope to be back at it again shortly!

Happy fall, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Moving is totally a good excuse to break from blogging. Can't wait to see you at the end of your month of travel!

    ReplyDelete