Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.11

Today, had I not gotten married, would be my 9 year dating anniversary with Mr. G.  However, after nearly 8 years together, Mr. G decided it was about time to make an honest woman out of me (that, and I told him he better shit or get off the pot) and he popped the question.  And while January 11th is no longer my anniversary, I would like to dedicate today's blog to the love of my life, Mr. G.

Mr. G, who leaves socks around the house, who waits a full 24 hours before washing the dishes, who hates all things healthy.  He drives too fast in the snow, he doesn't massage me nearly enough, and he is really lazy on his days off.  He drinks too much beer, he has awful taste in movies, and he won't admit when he is wrong.  We argue.  We bicker.  We get pissed at each other.  But here is why I love Mr. G: whenever we are arguing/bickering/being pissed, Mr. G will force me to hug him.  He will always hug away my anger.  He wont let me stay mad at him (even if I want to).  While I may hate it at the time that he forces me to hug him, this is one of the things I love most about Mr. G.

Mr. G kisses my head every morning before he goes to work while I am still asleep.  He cleans off my car for me in the winter at 5am.  He lets me put my icicle feet on his legs under the covers for warmth.  He spoons with me when I am scared in the night (note: Paranormal Activity is not for the light-hearted.)  He is the man that calms me when I am frantic, screaming, crying, stressed.  He is the one who says "we will make it, we will get there someday" when I complain about finances.  Mr. G kills spiders for me when they are too huge to take outside and rescue.  He is a maniac on a bike and one of the best skiers I know.  He tells funny jokes and he always wants to go an adventure.  (Darling honey bunny: my idea of an adventure is not 6 hours of skiing, biking up a mountain, or hiking all day.  I prefer 1 hour of skiing, and 2 hours of cocktails, biking along a flat river, or hiking less than 2 miles.)  Mr. G is a dreamer, but realistic.  He is enthusiastic, funny, sensitive, romantic, and the hardest worker I have ever.met.

After 9 years, Mr. G still gives me butterflies.

He thought I would cry at our wedding, I didn't, but I cry whenever our wedding song comes on (this morning in the car) just thinking about my luck in meeting and snagging Mr. G. 

Yesterday I found out that an acquaintance of mine was killed in the Arizona shootings on Saturday.  Gabe Zimmerman was a young man who was working for Congresswoman Giffords and was shot to death.  He was engaged to be married in April.  Nothing breaks my heart more than imagining what his fiance must feel right now.  I am beyond blessed every day that I have Mr. G with me, but this fragile reminder of how easy it is to lose the ones you love will make me hug Mr. G tighter tonight, and for a little longer than usual.  He is my husband, and I hope he knows how much I love him.

To give you a glimpse into what I love about my husband, I thought I would share with you a few images of Mr. G over the years.



Please look at this man and tell me he is not handsome, sensitive, and sweet.  This last image of him kills me--he is reading over his wedding vows mere moments before walking down the aisle.

Mr. G is also funny.  Please refer to him riding a killer whale while looking for adventure, or for further proof, see him (with some stranger--no idea who she is) all dressed up for a night on the town.



And again, so so handsome.  Does anyone do beach casual as well as Mr. G?  I think not.
 
And lastly, I would like to leave you all with this photograph.  It really shows off what a stud-muffin Mr. G is.


Lots of love,
Grams

4 comments:

  1. best.ever. want to squeeze you both this instant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was your best post by far - super sweet and it just goes to show how much you love your man. I enjoy this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love you both! happy anni, granny :O)

    ReplyDelete