Monday, October 22, 2012

WIENERS (and winners)

Yesterday I had the privilege of participating in the Hallo-wiener hustle.

This elite race consists of a 4 person relay, at the end of which before you pass off your baton to the next runner you must run into a bar and eat a hot dog and chug a beer.

We sure know how to keep it fun in these here parts.


Our team name was "Show me your wiener."


We checked in and were given directions.  I was the anchor runner so I had some time to sit and watch how this whole thing was done.  I was nervous about being able to drink a beer and eat a hot dog after my leg but I pulled it off like a champ.


They do not post individual legs of the race, but I am pretty sure I ran my mile and a quarter and chugged my beer and ate my wiener (ha) in a total of about 11 minutes.

Which helped my team (possibly falsely) get first place for females.


We (again, possibly falsely) won a gift certificate for being the first finishing female team (say that ten times fast), but the real prize was meeting the overall second place winners of the race.


Overall, not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning.

Happy Monday!




1 comment: