Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Summary of my 11 days off over the holidays

I took 11 glorious days off for the holidays and boy is it going to be rough heading back into the office Wednesday morning at 7 am.  I got very comfortable with the lifestyle of "stay at home" anything.

So what did I do to take advantage of my holiday break?  I had fantasies of sleeping in late, running everyday and relaxing.  I did do well with the relaxing for the most part.  Everything else I failed at (mainly the running).

So to sum up my wintery staycation I will just photo bomb you for now, starting with a few Christmas Pictures. (Despite the fact that I have no images of us with our families, we did in fact have a great time spending Christmas with both the PBs and the Goodwins.)

 (I love holiday cards)

(and cookies apparently)


We had a great time getting to see old friends


And we finally got some much needed snow, which made all of us happy campers.






I also I divulged quite frequently in my new favorite afternoon snack of roasted curried cauliflower.*  And I generally paired it with a dirty snowman* or two (since I was on vacation I could justify day drinking).




And I rang in the New Year with old friends and new.



I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!  I will be back shortly with thoughts on the New Year.

Best,
Granny




*Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
half head of cauliflower, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
curry powder
salt and pepper
garlic powder
olive oil

Sprinkle cauliflower with olive oil and all spices.  Toss and coat the cauliflower.  Spread on a greased sheet pan and roast at 400 for 15 minutes.

*Dirty Snowman Recipe
Hot cocoa (I like to use half water and half milk or even half and half--it was vacation after all)
Vodka
Baileys

Mix all together to your liking.  Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment