Wednesday, February 22, 2012

High School

Last week my high school class was abruptly brought back together after nearly ten years due to the untimely death of one of our classmates and peers.  

I saw old friends last week that I had not seen in years.  While I keep in touch with a lot of my high school classmates, I wouldn't say I am close with that many of them, and I have honestly gone nearly ten years without seeing some of them.  It was nice to reconnect last week.  To laugh, to remember, to catch up.

Which got me thinking a lot about my high school experience.

I know most kids hated high school and could not wait to leave.  
But not me, I LOVED high school.  Loved.

Not to toot my own horn, but to be honest, I was friends with everyone.  
Smarty pants kids.
Jocks.
Theater geeks.
Stoners.
Drop outs.
Student council members.
You name a kind of student, I was friends with them. 

After last week's reminder of how I have not stayed in touch with so many old friend, I got to thinking.

And I whipped out my photo books.

And took a stroll down memory lane.

It was hard to limit the photos I am posting here today, I had so many good ones of so many different people.

  See if you can spot me.  Hint: I am the only fool wearing a (winter) hat.









  



Loser alert: our Junior prom was hands down the most fun of my HS career.  



At HHS we made science COOL (we also made bandanas look ridic on white teenage females.)








jdhsafkjdhsalfjkh WE ARE NOT WORTHY!



Sweet 16s were all the rage.  Not MTV style though, more like "Which town hall is your sweet 16 at?" style.

As you can see, despite the horrible fashion mistakes I made throughout my high school career, I look back on it fondly.  During the hour I spent last night looking through old pictures, Mr. G had to keep checking on me because I would be laughing so hard, or snorting, or shouting "OH MYLANTA!"  I have hundreds of pictures that prove how embarrassing our teen years were. 

I think due to the fact that I will be entering my late twenties in less than a week I felt especially nostalgic looking though the pictures and remembering all of the fun I used to have with my high school peers.

And with that, I will sign off and leave you with one of TWO yearbook pictures that look almost exactly the same.


Love,
Bubbie

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I am laughing so so so so hard at your braids. Eeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading your blog shauni, and this last pic. priceless. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete