Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's been awhile



 
 I haven't bogged for 16 days and I have no excuses save for one--I have been enjoying having a life with my husband again and it is taking all of my time.

Lame excuse, eh?

In the winter I become a single woman.  I lose Mountain Man to the mountain (shocker, eh?) and from Thanksgiving until the end of March we do not have a day off together.  It aint no walk in the park, let me tell you.  Unless that walk in the park is uphill both ways in the freezing rain.  Then I suppose it is a walk in the park.

But I digress.

For the last three weekends Mountain Man has been back, and oh mylanta, life is wonderful again.  I feel like I am in an Allegra commercial (apres allergy pill) where everyone is smiling and singing and flowers are popping up and everyone is just so happy.

Except we still have snow on our lawn and if I started singing how much I loved Mountain Man while walking down the aisles of Hannafords he might hand me divorce papers.

Again, I digress.

Over the last three weekends we have relaxed, laughed, and enjoyed ourselves more than we have done since last fall.  Let me tell you what a difference it makes to have time off together again:

Remember when you were young and started falling in love with your partner and you had those fun butterflies?  Well, 12+ years later I still have that for Mountain Man and those butterflies are back in full force after hibernating all winter.  


First we made vodka spiked lemonade out of the lemons we were handed (winter skiing conditions at the end of March) and went skiing.




Then we took a little trip and went (indoor) skydiving (and shopping. and eating.)  Even the 4 hours spent in the car were fun.



Then my Mountain Man and I hit the road again and enjoyed each others company (and too many cocktails) and pranks and outdoors and old friends.  I was even taken on a proper happy hour mini date (those are a real thing).





Swoon, I am glad to have a husband again :)



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys are back in the land of spring...in your hearts at least. I know it's hard when you don't have quality time all winter. I'm glad the Gs are back in full force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs :-)
    always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete