Monday, December 6, 2010

whoops

Let me just embarrass myself by saying this: the healthiest thing I ate this weekend was home made air popped popcorn.  Not a good sign.

This weekend I kicked Friday night off with a Hanukkah feast: I ate enough latkes, roasted lamb, and CAKE to feed 4 grown men.  Not a pretty sight.  You know things are bad when you eat more for Hanukkah than you do at Thanksgiving.

Saturday, I may or may not have had a slice of New York Style Bacon Chicken Ranch Pizza for lunch.  Followed that up by making some delicious home made pasta alla vodka for dinner.  If you have not made this, you do not know what you are missing.  So easy.  So delicious.  Even Mr. G liked it.  I then attempted to make muffins.  No, not healthy bran muffins.  Sweetened cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins.  I started the process Friday night.  Ate some batter, took a break to watch TV, fell asleep.  Mr. G was nice enough to clean up for me and put my batter in the fridge for me to finish the muffins in the morning.

Cut to: Sunday morning.  I make the muffins.  And then ate 2 of them in record time (I think maybe 45 seconds?)  Then I went to the gym for awhile to burn off said muffins.  Got home, got showered, made the homemade popcorn, put it in my purse, and ran out to see a movie with Mr. G.  Noshed on the popcorn. Things were on the up and up--I just ate "healthy" at the movies!  But then we headed out to a local seafood restaurant to order a nice basket of fried shrimp.  FRIED.SHRIMP.  It was amazing.  But obviously, not enough.  Although I proudly did not finish the fried greasy goodness, I did come home and top off the day with 2 slices of Cheddar Cheese (Cabot Hunter's Seriously Sharp).

So yes, the popcorn was in fact the healthiest thing I ate all weekend.

Please excuse me while I go to the gym for 16 hours this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment