Monday, February 14, 2011

Lurve

For my first married Valentine's day, I made a romantic 3 course dinner for my beloved.  I don't know why, I think he would have preferred Pizza Hut.

The menu consisted of a simple salad first, with arugula, shaved red onions, soft goat cheese, and a lemon oil dressing.  To be followed by a seared piece of halibut with a lemon-butter sauce over parmesan risotto and a side of sauteed spinach and mushrooms.  The piece de la resistance was an Irish car bomb cupcake for dessert.  I would have preferred a red velvet cupcake, but Mr. G hates sweets and loves Irish car bombs, so I figured this might be the only way I could get him to eat a cupcake.

Mr. G apparently does not like goat cheese, so he skipped the salad (I enjoyed both of our portions, not to worry).  He loved the fish and said the sauce was very good, but it "could have used some more acidity."  (*Let it be noted that Mr. G is reading over my shoulder as I write this.  At first I wrote that the sauce should have more of a citrus flavor, but Mr. G corrected me and said "no, not citrus, just acidity."  This is my life.)  The risotto he ate a bit of, but the first bite he took of the sauteed spinach and 'shrooms, he made a horrible face he tried to hide from me.  I (obviously) noticed and started laughing.  "What?" he said.  "I don't like green mush!"

No cupcakes yet, he will likely have a beer instead.

At least he liked his gift.

Love to you all, and to all a happy Valentine's day,
Grams 

No comments:

Post a Comment